Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
Security and Safety
Rights and Responsibilities
Student Life Outside
Health and Wellness
Social & Ethical Issues
Action Vienna International School
Vienna International School
A short clip showing students working on Digiteen Project.
Digiteeen Logo Created by VIS students.
Any one who subscribes to our digiteen policies (below) is welcome to use the digiteen logo.
On Friday, May 19th
took school action by:
1. Seeking all 600+ students in grades 6 through 11 to agree to responsible, ethical and legal uses of digital technologies (download file below).
2. Raising parent awareness through the school newspaper and parent newsletter.
3. Using their digiteen logo for all digital citizenship activities (ie. posters, badges, advertising)
Students from grades 6 through 11 are being asked to read the rules and then sign that they agree to abide by them.
The rules have been upgraded from the previous version.
Digiteen Rules for Digital Citizenship4.pdf
PHOTOS FROM THE PREPARATION AND THE DAY OF ACTION
Photos will be posted that captures our preparation of the logo, signs, banners and our "Digiteen" Action Day, May 16th.
Digiteens preparing for the Digiteen Day of ACTION
Digiteens made their own logo and badges
Digiteens soliciting the support for their Digiteen Agreement
Collecting signatures to join Digiteen for Digital Citizenship and distributing support badges.
Digiteen a global collaboration between Quatar Academy, Westwood High School and Vienna International School
Enthusiastic digiteens in front of their ACTION board
EVALUATION AND FOLLOW-UP
The following reflects our evaluation and plans for following-up our initial thrust to get all students to join the "Digiteen" Action.
The Digiteen Day of Action resulted in a fury of outcomes:
1. Most of the 100 students in grade 8 signed the digiteen policies.
2. There was alot of interest by teachers asking where they could sign.
3. Outcomes of the Digiteen Day will be shared in the school student and parent newsletters.
4. There much greater awareness amongst students and teachers of the problems and dangers as well as responsible, ethical and legal implications of using digital technologies.
Where are we going from here?
1. We will extend these policies and post them here for digikids and the support from digiteachers and digiparents.
2. The digiteen awareness will become part of the grade 6 Middle Years Curriculum at VIS from August 2008 onwards.
3. Efforts will be made to integrate the digikid, digiteen, digiteacher, and digiparent policies into the daily digital lives of the VIS community.
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"